Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gotta begin somewhere


“There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.” —Buddha


That Buddah, he was a wise man.


When it comes to doing something I typically miss out on both of these fronts. 


I'll start with the not starting, which is an issue for me sometimes. I usually have so many things bursting around in my brain —the muse is ever present in my life—that I don't know where to begin. I wish I knew why that was. I am thankful for the active mind I possess, but I wish I had unlimited time to address everything or even get it all down. Maybe I should start carrying around a little notebook that I can write everything down in. But, if I never get started on any of it how is that any better then where I stand now? If I did that, I'd just have a big ol' notebook with great ideas never realized. That just sounds sad.


Do you think if you only use one in every 50 ideas that come to you, you eventually stop getting ideas?


OK, it's getting a little heavy in here.


My other issue is, perhaps compounded by the first, when I start, I don't always finish or go all the way. This is perhaps the hardest part of all the ideas, cause I have all these resources, because I go out and purchase/invest in them in one way or another. And then...zero follow through. 


But in an effort to try and focus, I am going to focus on my Etsy shop. 


I think this could be two fold and really help me achieve the enlightenment Buddah is always talking about (at least when it comes to crafting—is there really anything else?).


I will be using my Etsy shop to sell off some of those crafty things I always have cramming my brain and use up the resources cramming my closet. YES! 


I will not purchase any crafting 'things' unless needed and I will go though and use the stuff I already have. Hopefully you can benefit from all this enlightenment. 


Doesn't Buddah say something about giving to others? I'm probably not going to just give things away, but I will be selling at affordable prices.


“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” —Buddha


No comments:

Post a Comment