Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Plan-Sorta

I have had a lot of stuff on my mind with my new venture into Etsy.


How do I promote my shop? What do I sell in my shop? What tags do I use to get people to my shop? How do I incorporate my logo into all levels of selling—create 'brand' recognition—, packaging after purchase, thank you for purchasing, etc...?


I really started thinking about some of these things last week after reading an Etsy story about promoting yourself and your shop.


I started this blog and started setting up Google Analytics so I can get some valuable information on how people are using my store and this blog. I'm having issues with the analytics on my shop, but here it seems to be working well (Google run blog, Google Analytics...I heart Google!). 


I also started Twittering. Which I'm not super good at, but I'm trying.


And this weekend I really started thinking and approaching it all like a business. Being very deliberate and stratigic about how I would do everything-at least what I would post here, how often I'd add to my shop, those kinds of things. 



Therefore yesterday, I came up with a plan for my week with the shop. What do do when to post here, when to post on the shop. Here is a glimpse at my efforts.


However it is going to have to be modified. Etsy offers a lot of recourses for new (and seasoned) sellers. So since I am following Etsy on twitter, I saw that there was a Virtual Lab for new sellers. 


Hello that's me!


I tuned in (it was so easy) and got a lot of good info (however it was shorter then I thought it was going to be, I had to log off about 15 minutes in for about 15 mins and when I got back it was ending). I highly recommend it to anyone getting started! 


So, going in I had the above plan and then...the facilitator suggested adding products individually instead of as a batch (which I was going to do). 


Although, I am a day late posting this blog, I still feel like I'm in good shape and I was two days early posting this new yoga bag? Is it a wash?


Anyone got any tips from selling that might help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment